Problem areas we focus on!
We support kids and teenagers between the ages of 6 and 17 years old, living in the following conditions:
- Extreme poverty within the families of Colombia’s Caribbean region.
- Belonging to one of the countries with the most inequality in the world.
- Deficiency in sociocultural norms, to strengthen their knowledge in English, authentic contexts in communication and interaction with the culture in the United States.
- Limitations in employment opportunities for the local population.
- Low incomes are barriers for kids and teenagers to access high-quality education.
- Colombia ranks 81 out of 112 Latin American countries with proficiency in english.
NUMBER OF BENEFICIARIES
Kids and teenagers from Colombia’s Caribbean region
NUMBER OF CITIES
Local municipalities from Colombia’s Caribbean region
NUMBER OF VOLUNTEERS
We had a wonderful time celebrating Valentine’s Day with 60 children from Doctrina Cordoba, Colombia!
During this day, we had the opportunity to share our American culture as well as teach English as a second language. It was a day filled with learning and lots of fun.